Dear Year 6 Parent/Carer,
On Thursday 23rd May, year 6 pupils will be attending the Bromsgrove and Redditch Young Citizen’s Challenge.
Jointly organised by West Mercia Police and Hereford & Worcester Fire Service, the Young Citizens Challenge consists of a series of workshops that address a particular safety issue and are delivered by the Police, the Fire Service and various other partner agencies.
The workshops are designed to be entertaining and informative, with the aim of teaching key safety messages which should benefit children not just during their summer holidays but throughout their lives.
Amongst the subjects covered at previous events have been:-
- West Mercia Police – internet safety / stranger danger
· Hereford & Worcester Fire Service – fire safety (using ‘smoke house’)
· Eon / Western Power Distribution – safety near electricity substations
· Safer Roads Partnership – road safety
· Severn Area Rescue Association – water safety & rescues
· Red Cross – personal safety / first aid
· Local Councils – anti-social behaviour
Pupils will transport to Bromsgrove Fire Station via coach at 11.30am and pupils will be returned to Ridgeway Academy before 3pm. Pupils will require a packed lunch and a drink for the afternoon (If your child receives a free school meal, please ask your child to see the kitchen staff prior to the day of the event and a lunch will be provided).
The cost of the trip is £3, which will also cover travelling to and from the event. Payment can be made via cash or via parent pay. Please complete and return the slip overleaf.
Mr T Clarkson
Download the above letter with attached reply slip here.