Ridgeway Academy in Astwood Bank is looking to appoint additional Governors who have enquiring minds and the confidence to ask questions. We hope to attract a wide range of applicants with a diverse range of skill sets, from the building trade to project management, HR to Health & Safety.
No knowledge of education or a previous link with the school is necessary. The only ‘must-have’ quality is an interest in the welfare of children and their education. You don’t have to be a parent or member of staff to become a governor. Governors can be drawn from all walks of life, local business owners or simply someone from the local community. So, if you have an interest in education and can commit to approximately 10 evenings per annum and occasional events, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
No specialist or prior knowledge is necessary; a comprehensive range of training and support is provided. This is an exciting opportunity for you to acquire new skills, participate in teamwork, contribute to the community and to make a difference in children’s lives.
What does the Governing Body do?
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher (a critical friend) – this includes overseeing the school’s finances and making tough decisions about balancing resources.
To find out more about the school please visit our website at www.ridgeway.academy or call 01527 892867 and ask to speak to Mrs C Jackson, Clerk to Governors.
To apply please download our application form located on our website under the Vacancies page. If you require additional information on the role please contact our Chair of Governors Mrs Craig or email the clerk email@example.com.
Mrs C Jackson
Data & Exams Officer