What are we looking for?
Our school Governing Body is made up of Governors from all walks of life and many come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves.
Many employers offer ‘time off work for public duties’ for school governor duties too.
We want you:
We are currently looking for new Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
• an interest in the performance of the school.
• a desire to contribute to and represent the community.
• an open and enquiring mind
• the ability to look at issues objectively
• the confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
• a willingness to listen and make informed judgements
• the ability to work well with others
If this sound like you- you may be the very person to become a Governor at Ridgeway Academy.
Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests as possible.
What can we offer?
• A chance to develop skills in strategic management and board experience
• The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School
• A sense of achievement in making a difference to our School
• The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
• setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
• monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
• supporting and challenging the performance of the headteacher
• deciding policy and future development plans
As well as attending meetings governors are also asked to look at specific areas of the school’s work in more detail. To help support governors, everyone has access to training to help build on existing skills or to develop new ones.
If you are interested, please email our Chair of Governors: Jane Craig: email@example.com