All uniform items should be clearly named. It is expected that all pupils will wear the appropriate school uniform.
Boys and girls
|· Navy blue cardigan or v-neck pullover with the school crest· Black skirt or trousers*
· Navy blazer with Ridgeway crest (compulsory from Year 7 onwards)
· Non-fitted white blouse with school tie
· Gold, green and red striped tie
· White or black socks, skin or black coloured tights ( No patterned tights)
· Coat of a quality of material and colour suitable for school use
· Black shoes with flat heel (no stiletto heels or similar). *
· Boots may be worn to and from school in exceptional weather but pupils must change into shoes during the school day.
* Please see images attached for more information.
Ridgeway games kit is available from the three providers of school uniform listed below and consists of:
Boys and girls
|· Indoor Kit for Gym: polo shirt with the school crest (red) with shorts/skorts (navy)· Summer Games: As indoor kit for gym plus white ankle-length socks/red knee length socks with trainers.(suitable for running in)
· Winter Outdoor Kit: Long sleeved rugby top with the school crest, shorts/skorts (navy), knee-length red socks, trainers, football boots, navy jogging bottoms (optional for very cold weather).
· A shower towel is recommended for outdoor lessons
· Shin pads.
· PE kit bag with drawstring
· Gum shields for all boys.
Clive Mark Schoolwear: 5 Marketplace, Redditch B98 8AA Tel: 01527 591444
National Schoolwear Centre: 3-4 Bulls Head Yard, Alcester B49 5BX Tel: 01789 400344
School Days: Britannica House, 13-15 Church Street, Bromsgrove B61 8DD. Website: www.schooldays-bromsgrove.co.uk Tel: 01527 757439
Orchard Clothing :Unit 6- 8 Hunt End Industrial Estate, Dunlop Road, Hunt End, Redditch B97 5XP Tel: 0845 208 0471
Please Note: If you wish to have details of the criteria or application for a uniform grant, please contact the school office, in confidence. The school will be able to provide you with the appropriate guidance.
EXPECTATIONS OF JEWELLERY/ MAKE-UP
Parents are urged to see that children leave valuables at home. Watches and metal stud earrings only are acceptable but other jewellery must not be worn for school. Pupils may wear one charity band. Items of jewellery must be removed for games/PE lessons (including any such extra-curricular activity). Long hair must be worn up during PE and practical sessions in Design Technology, art and science.
Any watches or jewellery removed for session must be locked in the child’s locker for that lesson.
Pupils may not wear body or tongue piercings to school.
It would be particularly helpful if parents who are considering having their children’s ears pierced should arrange for this to be done at the beginning of the holiday period. Training studs may not be removed for a lengthy period and this could mean that the child concerned would not be able to take part in a range of activities within the Physical Education curriculum.
Expectations for make up and hair
Pupils may not wear nail extensions or nail varnish to school. Wet wipes/nail varnish remover will be provided if it is necessary to remove it in school.
Pupils in Years 5,6, 7 & 8 may not wear makeup.
Pupils in Years 9, 10 and 11 may wear discreet make up (no brightly coloured eyeshadow, contour blusher, mascara or eyebrow shading).
Expectations of hair style and colour must be in line with formal standards of work wear. Extreme and colours and styles are not acceptable.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHEWING GUM IS A BANNED SUBSTANCE ON THE SCHOOL SITE