All uniform items should be clearly named. It is expected that all pupils will wear the appropriate school uniform.
Boys and girls
|· Navy blue cardigan or v-neck pullover with the school crest· Black skirt or trousers*
· Navy blazer with Ridgeway crest (compulsory from Year 7 onwards)
· Non-fitted white blouse with school tie
· Gold, green and red striped tie
· White or black socks, skin or black coloured tights ( No patterned tights)
· Coat of a quality of material and colour suitable for school use
· Black shoes with flat heel (no stiletto heels or similar). *
· Boots may be worn to and from school in exceptional weather but pupils must change into shoes during the school day.
* Please see images attached for more information.
Ridgeway games kit is available from the three providers of school uniform listed below and consists of:
Boys and girls
|· Indoor Kit for Gym: polo shirt with the school crest (red) with shorts/skorts (navy)· Summer Games: As indoor kit for gym plus white ankle-length socks/red knee length socks with trainers.(suitable for running in)
· Winter Outdoor Kit: Long sleeved rugby top with the school crest, shorts/skorts (navy), knee-length red socks, trainers, football boots, navy jogging bottoms (optional for very cold weather).
· A shower towel is recommended for outdoor lessons
· Shin pads.
· PE kit bag with drawstring
· Gum shields for all boys.
National Schoolwear Centre: 3-4 Bulls Head Yard, Alcester B49 5BX Website: http://alcesternsc.co.uk Tel: 01789 400344
School Days: Britannica House, 13-15 Church Street, Bromsgrove B61 8DD. Website: www.schooldays-bromsgrove.co.uk Tel: 01527 757439
Please Note: If you wish to have details of the criteria or application for a uniform grant, please contact the school office, in confidence. The school will be able to provide you with the appropriate guidance.
EXPECTATIONS OF JEWELLERY/ MAKE-UP
Parents are urged to see that children leave valuables at home. Watches and metal stud earrings only are acceptable but other jewellery must not be worn for school. Pupils may wear one charity band. Items of jewellery must be removed for games/PE lessons (including any such extra-curricular activity). Long hair must be worn up during PE and practical sessions in Design Technology, art and science.
Any watches or jewellery removed for session must be locked in the child’s locker for that lesson.
Pupils may not wear finger rings, body or tongue piercings to school.
It would be particularly helpful if parents who are considering having their children’s ears pierced should arrange for this to be done at the beginning of the holiday period. Training studs may not be removed for a lengthy period and this could mean that the child concerned would not be able to take part in a range of activities within the Physical Education curriculum.
Expectations for make up and hair
No make-up is allowed in Years 5,6 and 7. Discreet make up only in Year 8,9,10 & 11. (no brightly coloured eyeshadow, contour blusher, lipstick or eyebrow shaping).
Moderate hair styles with no unnatural hair colours. No coloured nail varnish, no
false nails. Ear piercings are limited to one per ear and studs only must be worn. No
facial piercings under any circumstances. We will ask that they are removed.
If these expectations are not followed without a reasonable explanation then, we will
deal with it in accordance with our school policies.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHEWING GUM IS A BANNED SUBSTANCE ON THE SCHOOL SITE